1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A simple question ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by fbhwes, Feb 18, 2007.

1. fbhwes

fbhwes Member

At least it would seem i simply want to know what's the best thing to use to clean my laptops "Ultrabright" screen without messing it up. Since it's a fingerprint wonderland.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I'm sure your manual will have some guidelines for cleaning your display, I recommend you look there.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

How to Properly Clean your LCD Screen

When it comes to optimize the layout of your office space, nothing helps to free desk space more then a nice, flat LCD screen. That's probably one of the main reason everyone has one these days. Apart from that, they're also very cheap, easy on the eyes and consume less electricity then their CRT counterparts. With all that said, there’s really no reason not to have one sitting on your desk in 2007.

But these screens are not perfect. In fact, you have to be very careful when cleaning them up. Too much pressure using the wrong kind of cloth will most likely scratch your display and could even burn some of its pixels. So the question is, what is the proper way to clean an LCD screen?

First, you've probably seen some of those expensive LCD cleaning solutions in computer stores right? The good news is that you don't really need these. Mixing up your own cleaning solution is very easy and will actually save you quite a few bucks. You only need 2 ingredients:

* Isopropyl alcohol (Warning)
    * Distilled Water

The recipe is easy: Mix the Isopropyl alcohol and distilled water in equal parts (50/50) inside an empty Windex-like bottle. Do not use tap water! Doing so will leave white smears on your screen after cleaning it up because of the dissolved minerals inside the water. When finished mixing, just close the bottle using the "spray" adaptor that comes attached to it.

Next, you will need to find a soft piece of cotton or microfiber cloth to clean your display. Avoid paper tissues at all cost! Using those on your screen would be just like scrubbing sandpaper on it and may scratch it permanently. You wouldn't want to do that right?

Now that we have everything we need, start by turning off your screen. Dampen your piece of soft cloth with your cleaning mixture and then wipe the display gently from top to bottom. Never spray liquid directly onto the LCD. When you're done, wait a few minutes to let your screen dry, and then turn it back on. Voila, you're done! Your screen should now be sparkling clean.
    http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-to-properly-clean-your-lcd-screen.html