1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A SKIPPING pS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bigboy62, Apr 9, 2007.

1. bigboy62

bigboy62 Member

Hey guys i got a quick question for you. I have an old, old ps2, not sure of the year. I have NCAA 04 and socom one for it so it is atleast3 if not 4 years old. While i am playing quitar hero it will suddenly freeze or skip and the the song and the board will stop for a secondish. then it keeps going and the sound is off from the action of the guitar which completely adds a new wrinkle of difficulty to the game. We just bought guitar hero last friday and it isn't scratched, the system is a bit dusty, could dust cause that? anyother ideas? thanks guys!

Drew

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

By any chance is Guitar Hero 2 on a dual-layer disc? Those DVD disc with 2 layers of 4 pt something gigs on each layer. If that's the case, then it's really your PS2 being as old as it is. There have been problems with peoples' PS2s as of late when playing dual-layered PS2 games on their very old PS2s like yours. One prime example has been the God of War games from what I've heard similar problems. If this problem has only happened with your old PS2 but not your other games, then it's a combination of your PS2 having trouble reading dual-layered games and it being old especially. If that's not the case, I hope someone can clarify what I left out or might have mistaken.