1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A slim ps2 that loads a copy of cogswap throuh AR max, W/O USING A PENDRIVE OR MC !!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by blitz79, Mar 11, 2007.

1. blitz79

blitz79 Member

I've been reading forums about burning .elf files to be used on a slim ps2 all night, the reason is that i have a burned copy of CS loader that my friend gave me that works w/o having to use cdloader.elf on a flash card. Now i lent it to my sister to make a copy for her self since i've tried 3 time with no sucess on my computer, she got the same results so i decided to read up on it to see if i could build an other 1 using the resources i found online. Now i found 3 different tutorials on how to acheive this and tryed them all following the exact instructions given to me on this site, but i cant get even get my pendrive to load cdloader, launch.elf or ulaunch.elf so needless to say i dont know if my new exploited CS loader thats on cd works.

my ps2 is v13

does anyone know why i can load my burned CS loader cd straight from the AR media center saving me the time or the 1 disk or the use of a pendrive?

and can anyone help me burn that working copy so i can share it with all of you?

2. blitz79

blitz79 Member

P.S. ummm i just remembered to say that my usb pendrive is really an empty mp3 player, but i dont think that makes a difference does it?

the mp3 player doesnt know the difference between a mp3 and any other file unless it tryes to play is so i shoud be just an other usb remoovable device right?

3. ballers

ballers Member

No it doesnt make a difference.the elf file will be recognizable on ps2.so it doesnt matter if it mp3 player usb.

4. blitz79

blitz79 Member

ok so i figured a way to get a backup of cogswap to work on cdr by using AR.

my friend took the cogswap.elf file and packed it,i dont know what he ment but it worked so fine by me,and renamed it autoexec.elf.
    form there all i had to do was easy,

- open max media creator
    - in tasks chose the add file option
    - add your back up file here 9autoexec.elf
    - in output media choose save to file
    - choose a folder you want to save it to
    - hit the create button on the bottom left of the program
    - a window will popup asking u what to do
    - you have 2 options, choose the cd image option
    - a new window opens
    - in compatibility mode make shure that normal compatibillity is checked then hit ok

there u go your cd image is ready now all you need to do is open the cue file named audio from your selected folder and burn,

then all you need to do is run AR on ur pstwo chose media player, once the intro is done loading (you can skip the intro after about 5 sec), insert your cdr that you created in and cogswap will load.

from there i think that everyone knows what to do.

thanks to my friend Ad4pt who packed and renamed the .elf for me.