1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A small question about the X-Port game saves for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by astroduck, May 16, 2004.

1. astroduck

astroduck Member

Hi guys,

I want to download some game saves from www.gamefaqs.com into my PS2 memory card and be able to play those saves. What device do I need to transfer the memory files from my computer to my PS2 memory card? I noticed they used X-port in gamefaqs but I am not sure what that is. Can someone explains? Do I need any special devices? If so, where can I buy those?

Thanks in advance!!

-astro

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

yes you need to buy the x-port. it's software and hardware that connects your ps2 through the usb ports to the pc. You load the x-port software on the pc and ps2 and you transfer save files between the 2.

3. astroduck

astroduck Member

Thanks for the help, WEStar. Really appreciated.

4. ceastrid

ceastrid Member

Question: Can I connect my PC to the playstation using USB, or the Network Adapter (Ethernet) and accomplish the same thing that X-Port does, namely downloading saved games from the Memory Card to PC and vice versa.

Also curious, is editing these saved games straight forward, or are they encrypted in some way?

Thanks for any help.

Chad

5. WEStar

WEStar Active member

editing how? most game saves on the net are just diffrent save points or stronger character etc. As far as editing you'd probably need to know hex and use a hex editor.. but, that's just a guess. Maybe someone else knows