1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A tip for newbies from the advanced forum. :-)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by beetleman, Feb 20, 2004.

1. beetleman

beetleman Member

When trying a new burning process or just getting started with the fairly new world of DVD burning, use DVD-RW's instead of DVD-R's until you are sure that the DVD is what you want. Many newbies tend to waste several DVD-R's trying to learn how to make a DVD. Even if you only buy one DVD-RW, it will save you a lot of money by testing a newly authored DVD before doing a final burn to the less expensive DVD-R.

Additionally, a DVD emulator can save time in the learn to burn process by writing the new DVD to your hard drive as a virtual DVD. Takes much less time to copy files on your hard drive than to the fastest consumer DVD burner.

Keep in mind that in this forum, DVD-R refers to both DVD-R and DVD+R, and DVD-RW refers to both DVD-RW and DVD+RW unless otherwise stated in the thread.

Hope this helps.
    beetleman

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Good Post

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It is a good point. A better suggestion would be to get everything right in your head before you ever burn a movie. I read through a few forums for a few week while waiting to get my equipment and had it all sorted. I would tend to stick to the DVD R's myself and set aside 5 or so for testing and getting it right. Hopefully you wont make any mistakes, i only wasted one on my first try (forgot the damn VIDEO_TS folder).

4. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

scares me just how much you guys know or how many years you have been at this. every time i think i have it mastered along comes a new problem to bite me on the butt..........would have a drink/drug problem by now if not for you experienced guys.......hope one day i can help future newbies over come some of the problems i have had........keep up the encouragement guys.....really is a help to know that i aint the first to have struggled with things