1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A VALID MS office 2003 product key not working

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by kgtrain, Sep 18, 2009.

1. kgtrain

kgtrain Regular member

Hey all.. I obtained a valid product key from microsoft for office pro 2003 as the old key wasn't genuine, however when I enter it in it says its not valid. I called up microsoft and they confirmed that it was valid.. So why wouldn't it be working? Is it possible its not valid for the version or build of MS office? pro I have, and yes I did enter it correctly, over a dozen times. Ugh..
    Please any help would be great, cheers.

2. dailun

dailun Active member

"Is it possible its not valid for the version or build of MS office? pro I have, . . "

Most likely that is the case.

You should go back to the person who you "got" the key from and get the right version of Office.

3. kgtrain

kgtrain Regular member

Ahh ok fair enough. I "got" the key from Microsoft over the phone. Nothing dodgy about that, my cousin 'cheap as he is' downloaded a cracked version and asked me to put a genuine version on to get rid of the WGA Notifications, but yea it didn't work and I know copied it down right because I called back to check with them. Its a valid genuine key. I guess ill try a different build. Cheers

4. dailun

dailun Active member

No offense intended. The people (Microsoft in this case) who gave you the key should be able to provide you with the correct media as well.

5. kgtrain

kgtrain Regular member

Sorry didn't mean that to sound the way it did either..
    I just wanted to let you know it is legit.
    Yea MS should but I don't think they will send a copy of an outdated version of office to me. They wanted to charge me $80 just for someone to find out why it didn't work.
    Something I found out from you straight away thanks!
    I think the only way to get it to work is by the process of elimination and download other builds until it works.

6. dailun

dailun Active member

AFAIK, Microsoft still retains media for the product they sell. You have a key, tell them that the media was lost or damaged, and thet you need a new on.

They should be able to provide.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

kgtrain, office won't kick in the wga notification so are you talking about office or windows?

8. kgtrain

kgtrain Regular member

Ah ok dailun, thx for that I'll give it a go and see what they say. The the thing is as the product key was issued over the phone instead of coming bundled with the disc I'm not sure if they will be willing to send it, but it's worth a try.

And yea I'm talking about office not windows, my cousin is getting the star coming up on his taskbar telling him he doesn't have a genuine version of office installed.

Either way I'm not too worried, I have a genuine version of 2007 so if I can't solve the problem soon I'll leave it for him to figure it out. Serves him right in a way.

9. ddp

that star on his pc is because of his windows is not legit not office. wga stands for windows genuine advantage & it checks to see if your windows is genuine or not, not office.

10. kgtrain

kgtrain Regular member

Lol yeah I know what it stands for and it actually checks to see if office is genuine too, not just windows. I know this because it comes up saying on his computer 'This copy of Microsoft Office is not genuine'

11. ddp

i haven't seen that on any computer i've worked on yet except for windows.

12. kgtrain

kgtrain Regular member

Ah that is strange. At first I thought it was talking about windows too but after I clicked it, it came up saying office.