1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Version update kills unmodified Wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bass_hit, Sep 6, 2007.

1. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Hey guys,

My friend had just gotten a Wii, unopened, unmodified, and had been working fine for the past few days. I popped in my copy of Metroid 3 and did the system update thinking that it had 3.0 on the disc. After the system update, it said it was version 2.2U still.I helped him connect it to his WiFi network and download a system update. the console is now at 3.0U. We put in my copy of Warioware Smooth Moves and it played fine. Then, during the videos before/after the gameplay, it would skip like crazy.

Then I tried the mini-wario stage and got a DRE. Turned it off. waited. turned it back on. Played fine.

Put in MP3 and it crashed after starting a new game during the first movie sequence. Both games play fine on my Wiikey D2A Wii.

Was it the updatye or just a bad wii?

2. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

probably neither. I'm guessing bad luck. Why did y'all want to put the 3.0 update on his system though? Its not necesary for anything. Unless you really need a clock or buy VC i guess.

3. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

He wants to get VC games and be able to use the news and weather channels. They work now but the games skip. I told him he might want to backup his save game files and return the console in exchange for a new system.

Anyone else have this problem?

4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Well, just for reference, the update on mp3 is not the 3.0 firmware update. It is just a mini updated related to games like mp3, and I believe boogie.