1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Way to Copy Ps2 Games to Cd-r Straight i Think

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hightower, Oct 21, 2002.

1. hightower

hightower Guest

Hi i've been doing a look around the web for ways to copy Ps2 games (Back ups), and i found a way i think, and i already had the software and did'nt know, so bought a Dvd-Rom(You have to have one of these)...and download clonecd it's called you can get it off downloads.com, for a 21 day free period or buy it...i had it ages so just upgraded it..so i tried a Ps2 in my dvd-rom(not a dvd-r/rw), and copied it to a blank cd-r 80min, it worked fine only took a few minutes..but has havent got my Ps2 modchipped yet, havent tried it, can someone try it!, or if you have already let me know if it works or not.....I use Clone for all of my cd's, games,vcd's and data etc, excellent software i think the latest it Version 4.1...Please can someone try it if you Ps2 is already chipped Thanks

2. gavni

gavni Guest

Hi i just want to know ps2 games are over a gb and yet you managed to burn it to a cd-r just using clone cd, How? also did you transfer it as raw-data? please reply to me at anarchist69SPAMKILLER@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2002
  3. dfgh11

dfgh11 Guest

Just because it's on dvd doesn't mean that the entire dvd capacity was used..Might have only been 800mb of the dvd used.... which doesn't really answer the question , buy eyh whatcha gonna do?

4. elrao

elrao Member

Are you sure it was a DVD game, not all PS2 games are on DVDs, some are on CDs as they use less than 800MB of data. These can be backed up using a regular cd-r drive. Whatever you copied to a cd-r can't have been over its capacity, so I suggest it must be a CD-Rom based game, such as Tekken Tag Tournament.

5. LordShaft

LordShaft Guest

I know for a fact that the mod chip works. At lease the Neo USB Mod chip. I just put mine into my PS2, and I'm trying to find a way to copy large games onto CD-R. I know it can be done. I think there are some files that you can leave out maybe.... who knows. If anybody knows anything let me know. (LordShaft@warpdriveonline.com)

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Have a nice Puzzle.

There are Rip-kits for the things you want to do. DVD-rom game copy to a regular CD-r.

The Messiah rules.

7. HawkEyez

HawkEyez Member

Is there any chance u could tell me where to get the rips Wizkid

Thankyou

8. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

It's called: Atlantis Ps2 Backup Toolkit
    Search for this on the internet and you may find something...

Give it a try.