1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a way to test burned games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by EDICIUS, Mar 6, 2005.

1. EDICIUS

EDICIUS Member

I have been attempting to burn xbox games. I've modded by xbox loaded evox and established an ftp connection. I think Im doing everything correctly but the discs aren't working. So, my question Is, after I burn a game will It do anything at all If I put the disc In my computer? I know I can't play the game on my computer Im just curious If It would play some kind of video so I would know Im doing everything correctly.

2. EDICIUS

EDICIUS Member

ie. when I put the originals In my pc they play video, when I put the burned copies In my pc they don't play video. Is this normal?

3. EDICIUS

EDICIUS Member

Anybody know?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

If your backup isn't working, try burning it on different dvd media.

5. EDICIUS

EDICIUS Member

I realize that, but that's not my question. Is there a way other than my xbox to test the backups I've already created to see If Im doing It correctly. It's really a simple question but I'll post It again. If I put a game that I have burned In a dvd player should It play video like the original would?

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

As far as it goes,the only thing that can read the xbox game is the xbox itself.

7. EDICIUS

EDICIUS Member

I must be wording this wrong so Im going to try one more time. I burned the game PSO to a disc. It didn't work, I realize that there could be several reasons so I wanted to see If I at least was following all of the steps correctly. So to test what I burned I put the original copy of PSO In a dvd player a short video started to play then the word xbox appeared then It had a screen that displayed the message "this Is an xbox game please put It In your xbox game console to play"....ok, then I put the backup copy In my dvd player and nothing happend. My question Is, Is that normal? Since It's an exact copy shouldn't It play the same thing that my original did because If that's the case I know that Im doing something wrong and I should try to fix that first rather than spend a bunch of cash on discs.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well the thing is that a xbox backup will look the same to a dvd player because it's basically a burned mirror image of the exact copy. It's like you looking at yourself in a mirror. Your DvD player can't tell the difference.

Have you made an Xbox Backup before? It could possibly be your media AND your burner.

9. dikdimond

dikdimond Regular member

Use Qwix to create ISO then use DVD Decrypter to burn. Should work no matter the media...I used cheap Staples dvd+r with no probs...100% burns so far...Qwix creates an ISO while FTP'ing. I don't think there is anyway to check to make sure they work right. When I try tied to check mine an error came up that said my drive was "inaccesable and corrupt" lol

10. EDICIUS

EDICIUS Member

Yeah, I figured It out. A backup copy does say error when you load It In a dvd player. So I tried a few different types of media and It worked, thanks for the help guys.