1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a weird problem witch driving me mad

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sunlight7, Apr 5, 2007.

1. sunlight7

sunlight7 Member

every backup i make,during cutscene and opening movie,the sound isnt playing well,the picture is perfect,only the sound is jumping.i was pretty sure it had something to do with the burn,but i burn on verbatim dvd-r x8 and silver line x4 with imgburn or alcohol,i tried x2.4,x4,x6 and still wont play right.

book type is set to dvd-rom,i updated firmware on my burner(lg dvd rw)

its a new ps2 and a new burner.

does any1 have a clue whats wrong?

thx in advance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, sounds like you are doing everything you should. Do not worry about booktyping because you can only do that with DVD+R not DVD-R
    Is this only during the movies, or does it also have problems during game play?
    IMGburn is what i always used (or DVD Decrypter) and burning at 4X on an 8X disc is also right on the money.
    1X for the 4X DVD's would be what i would use. I know this is not the answer your looking for but you have already done what i would suggest to most people who have had this problem (meaning you must have done some research)

Only other suggestion i can give you is to get a couple Verbatim DVD+R 8X discs and booktype those to DVD-Rom and see if they work better, I would just buy a small 3 pack or something for testing purposes. But i have done 95% of my games on DVD-R without any problem.

What kind of mod do you have to play back ups? That of course could also be a part of the problem.

3. sunlight7

sunlight7 Member

hehe,im in a 5 days research tbh,i have modbo 4 modchip'and other than the cutscence the games are running perfectly,but in games like resident evil 4 its impossible to play as most of the game i a cutscene.