1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A WinHIIP and HD Q?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Seufari, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Seufari

Seufari Member

Ok i am anxious to get my hdloader and i want to get started getting games on my hd...

Does the hard drive need to be formated with hdloader before i can load games or can WinHIIP do it???

2. dlocke

dlocke Regular member

Not sure, but I'd recommend you format it with hd loader first as this is what you would typically do as soon as you put everything together and wanted to copy your first game over. Maybe copy one game via the ps2 dvd-rom and then try it via the pc dvd-rom.

3. cdub998

cdub998 Member

winhiip can ps2 format your drive.

4. goman007

goman007 Regular member

can you still use winhiip without a mod chip?

5. swifty74

swifty74 Member

winhiip has nothing to do with a mod chip it is ran via pc to install ps2 games and other ps2 related files from there you unplug the hard drive from your pc and place it back into your ps2 this is where the mod chip or any boot method can be used to run your hd loader program unless you have the non-back up copy and if thats the case no mod will be needed but come on who uses non-backups lol

6. iron1988

iron1988 Member

hey i have a friend and hey has a 15gig hdd and he wants to put in his ps2 and i have the offical ps2 hdd with all the cd's how would i get this to work???