1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a03 wierd problems... never seen before

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by crazyfied, Dec 18, 2003.

1. crazyfied

crazyfied Member

Well a friend of mine decided to upgrade his dvd burner and he gave me the pioneer a03. I had it for a month and everything was burning fine. Then i rebooted once and tried to burn a dvd with varioous programs such as recordnow, nero and 120%. I would select what i want to burn then it looks like its going to start burning then the icon for burning goes dim as where i cant click it. I go to my computer and check my dvdr drive. I saw that both my cdrw and my dvdrw disappear. I tried different ide cable as well. Any idea on how to fix this problem?

thanks
    jonny

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya crazyfied,

Try the following;

Disable the cdrw (remove IDE & power)
    Set A03 to be master
    Remove & replace IDE & power for A03
    Check that the A03 is set for DMA.
    Test.

I have seen a similar problem with a 104, where re-plugging the cables did the trick (suspect bad connection).

BTW, if at all possible, it is always A Good Idea(tm) to have an optical WRITER as a master on its own channel.

If the above works, set cdrw as slave, connect & test again.

It may be a s/w prob, but let's try h/w first.

If you change too many variables at a time, how do you know what was the correct change?

As the old master carpenter said "measure TWICE and cut ONCE".

Have Fun...

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I have my 104 on MASTER & DMA on ... never had a problem. (last 2+yrs)
    When my bro in law went to install way back I seem remember that it was installed but had to come back out again as Nero was dropping lead-in at the start of a burn. My previous Ricoh CD-RW was MASTER , once they were swapped around so Pioneer 104 was as MASTER - all was cool.