1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem A850 Kryptview stuck at "on" after update

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by GretaArtur, Feb 11, 2017.

1. GretaArtur

GretaArtur Newbie

Hi all I'm having trouble with my kryptview a850. Basically my friend and I had these boxes from a long while back and they'd been in the cupboard a long time when everything went down with them. I recently noticed they were up and running again so I set about putting the new firmware on them etc etc. I did this with an old desktop running xp computer and a null modem cable. I found the loader tool and software that was dated in may last year sometime. I done my mates first it completed hassle free and had newcamd on it for the line etc, up and running fine now. I done mines exactly the same way but mines gets stuck at "on" on the display when I switch it on. Can't get anything on the screen at all. Anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix it?
    Thanks
    Greta

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

the old 780 was done with null modem cable not the 850 which is a newer box and flashed with usb stick only.

3. GretaArtur

GretaArtur Newbie

Yeah I read that too but I updated one of the boxes this way and it is fine which suggests otherwise .................... is there anyway to fix it?
    Thanks

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

there is no loader for the 850 to use null modem cable and using anything else might have bricked the box,have you tried a usb flash to see if it fixes it?

5. GretaArtur

GretaArtur Newbie

There's no picture appearing on my screen so I can't actually get into the menu to try USB upgrade.

6. GretaArtur

GretaArtur Newbie

Attached Files:

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

ok i see you have the on fix via null modem cable,when done you will have to usb flash to latest image.

8. GretaArtur

GretaArtur Newbie

I used the tool to fix with null modem cable but it's still stuck at on and won't appear on my Tv so I can USB flash it. I've tried scart as well as hdmi.

9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

try it a few times it might work?