1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhh, i'm losing it!!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by darthnip, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ya its pretty cool here too, but that is the Canadian Sterotype.
    This banter, remindes me of an old Saturday Night Live short. The ad was for speaking in short form and using letters ete. The sale was saying that it saved so much time that now they could paint ete. "I save 2 days a years".
    I am still waiting for the voice and thought control computers. then they would be no spelling mistakes with the voice software, but thousands with thought control. They I see words is all crazy. But everyone know I can't spell.
    Sideline, should look into faster keyboards if you want to speed up your typing. The common current keyboard style was specifically designed to slow you down on Typwriters. But since most of have 2Ghz, I don't think we need to be slowed down.

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

What's really pitiful is when people add extra letters to their slang. Some examples are:
    "Dawg" which means dog.
    "Mayne" which means man.
    Also there is Snoop dogg talk where he'll say "hizzle" which means hook and "shizzle" which means sure. He even pronounces his name "Snizzle Dizzle" some times. It's cool when you're actually talking to someone in person or on the phone but not too cool when you are posting suff on a forum. However my friend and I will talk on the phone and speak nothing but the Snoop Dogg izzle language. It's fun :)

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yeah it may be fun but there comes a point where I (and im sure im not the only one) will seriously question how litrerate the world really is. People can't talk, spell -- dare we consider their capacity to think?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

Ok i need to speak here! i spell not to clever and my grammer leaves something to be deired so i say to the terms used yes they suck but i spell terible so please forgive me if i miss an r or a b somewhere...

its help i thrive in school i hated so basically i didnt go LOL true! but a firstclass carpenter/narrowboat/fishing boat builder i am!

spelling sucks show me a chisel/plain any day!

Thx - feel much better now! i do like this valve place dont you?

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Rotary, I am still in University, in science working towards a Phd. And I can`t spell worth a darn and you as a carpender will be making more than me. Oh the justice. I guess I will have to win the Nobel, and become famous. My only hope. But Honestly as an Academic, you will win out on both acounts. Funny how this world works out.

6. Praetor

Rotary:
    My comments (and perhaps those of the others) dont target this at all. What I get annoyed over is that people who can spell or whatnot but CHOOSE not to; a self-chosen option to be ignorant or whatever.

If your grammer is not 'up to par' I dont hold that against you. Not at all. It's the people that have all the education and such yet still choose to 'type soooooo much faster'. eeek this is an icky thread.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah i me spllun is v.gud also. I tink its from wen i was at skool. N e way, wud can u do bout it. I do try but da spllun is v bad all da time. wud do u tink

8. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

1 4m t3h m4573r. j00 5h4ll 4ll 0b3y m3. l337 f0r3v4r.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

toiletman that is great! never seen numbers and letters used like that before!

"i am the master" love it!

took some working out though!

LOL

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Wow Toiletman the master of l33t. It took m3 a long time to get through that one.

11. Praetor

Hehe too funny.