1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abgx v1

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cnucks, Mar 9, 2009.

1. cnucks

cnucks Guest

hey guy i swarched different threads about my question but couldnt get a definite answer so i thought id ask you guys.

this is my first time downloading ABGX since i heard about 3rd wave. so my question is and i know i might sound stupid. When i go to the site www.abgx360.com i see two download files for windows. One ending with setup.exe and the other ending with source.zip

so what im confused is with the source.zip file. I download the setup.exe file and i understand that is for getting the AGBX prgram but what do i do with the source.zip file. Is that what i drop in the stealth files to protect my games from the 3rd wave?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. stealthdf

stealthdf Regular member

you dont need the source.zip at all. ignore. all you need is the abgx setup, run that and then abgx will be installed. stealth files are pulled from the database when you scan an .iso file.

4. cnucks

cnucks Guest

but when i read different threads y do people always say that you have to take the video.iso file and drop it in the stealth files.

or is that already done when i downnlaod it from abgx360.com

5. stealthdf

stealthdf Regular member

i have never heard anyone say that unless they were trying to modify the iso which isnt recommended or they are adding ss files that are not currently in the database.
    These are all the games in the database http://abgx360.net/GamesByDate.txt so if you try to scan a game that isnt on that list it will say error 404 cause it cant find the ini. just keep checking the db for your game to be added. Or visit www.360patches.com those are the support forums for abgx and where you can request games to be added to the database. Do not request a game untill its official release date

6. cnucks

cnucks Guest

this is the part im talking bout which i dont get

abgx360 v1.0.0 is finally here to save you from the BAN HAMMER!

Very easy to use.
    Runs natively on practically any operating system.
    All the info you could want is contained in the GUI.
    If you still need a tutorial or you plan to write one, you’re an idiot.

Enjoy and thanks to everyone involved! You know who you are!

Put Video_0E58FB9D.iso in your StealthFiles folder.

On Windows this is usually C: Program Filesabgx360StealthFiles
    On other systems this is usually ~/.abgx360/StealthFiles

7. stealthdf

stealthdf Regular member

i dont know man, care to link us to where it says that directly?

this is the abgx360 main site http://www.abgx360.net/

they do not mention that so just ignore where you got it from. I have been using abgx for months now and have never had to put any files like that anywhere so dont worry. just scan your iso as normal.

you shouldnt have to place any file in abgx directory unless you re inserting stealth files that are not in the database and even then it wouldnt be an iso file.

those instructions may have been from someone trying to use the old version of abgx to test wave3 games. but if thats the case then it doesnt matter cause the new abgx does it already.