1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About 900MBs (100min) CDs

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by gort9k, Feb 18, 2004.

1. gort9k

gort9k Member

I'm trying to burn a large file (892562 Kb) onto a 900MB cd, but it seems impossible. I'm using a Pioneer 106D DVD-RW, capable to record cd at 16x speed.

No matter how I try, my software keeps telling me that the CD I'm using lacks space.

I used CdrIdentifier on the Cd and here is what it shows:
    ATIP: 97m 27s 19f
    Disc Manufacturer: Plasmon Data Systems, Ltd.
    Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)
    Can somebody explain this to me?

Thanks

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Start with software, what are you using to burn the cd? Ive heard that easy cd/creator 6 doesnt support 900mb disks. If yours is different, check with them to see if they support 900mb disks. Okay if they do, then check with your dvd-rw manufacturer to see if they support 900mb disks. If its new, it probably does, but doesnt hurt to check pioneer's website and their specs on the model. My guess is one if not both dont support 900mb as the ATIP is reporting the nominal capacity as only 700mb.

3. gort9k

gort9k Member

As for the 900Mb puzzle...
    In the end I got fed up with the Pioneer 106D. So I hooked my trusted (yes trusted)LG 8525B told it to overburn, it answered me whether I was sure (risk of breaking things ....) I told it yes, go ahead...
    And there you are. A nicely recorded 100Min CD.
    It was the Pioneer device. Very nice when you burn a DVD, but tricky if you want to make something out of ordinary.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Fluke with the LG.... LG has a ... um... bad track record hehe :p