1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About burn speeds with VCD's

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Komputer, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Komputer

Komputer Member

I bought several different brands of VCD's that have different write speeds, for example 1x to 24x. For some reason if I try to burn a file using Nero the drop down menue will only allow me to choose a write speed between 12x and up!

whats with that?

> How do I burn at a lesser speed if the drop down menue only allows me to burn 12X's and up?

Thanks

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

the media does not affect what nero says the minimum burn speed is, it is you cd writer. Nero is recognizing it as a writer that the minimum speed is 12x. Is that correct??? If not then you need to get the correct driver for nero to operate your cd writer.

3. Komputer

Komputer Member

I have used certain CD's that allow 1x-16x's and the Nero dropdown selection allows me to choose between 4 and 16x's. Then if I put in another CD that is between 1x and 32x's the Nero drop down menue will allow me to choose between 12x 16x or 32x.

I have used a CR-RW and the only writespeed option available will be 4X's and Nero will burn it at 4X's.

my cd writer is 40x12x48

4. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

have you tried another cd burning program. Most out there give you 30 day trial. I highly recommend nti cd maker for vcd and svcd. For stictly vcd, recordnow max is great because the scan funciton on your dvd player will work with the vcd's make with recordnow...

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I would burn at the lowest speed of the media itself for VCD!! As for DVD, I dont really have to worry about it :)