1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?? About Burning AntiVirus Software Backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 1Tizz, Feb 27, 2007.

1. 1Tizz

1Tizz Regular member

Hi There,
    I know how to Backup my Movies and wondered if I can back up my Copy of Panda AntiVirus Software in the same way??
    If not can you tell me how to do that please?
    I have all of the programs but would like to know which program I should use to do this?
    Thanks for the help

Tizz

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If this is a complete program you have saved on your hard drive then you can just write it to a disk as "Data". If you don't have the actual program (with setup.exe file) then no you can't back it up.

3. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

If you have the original CD, then backing it up should be no problem. You generally cannot back up modern programs once they are installed, especially one that operates at the driver-level like anti-virus software: They also place files within the Windows directory and make essential registry modifications. So, as bbmayo pointed out, you'd need the setup data and thus the original disc.

4. 1Tizz

1Tizz Regular member

I have the original Panda Software Disc and want to make a Back-Up copy of it. The Panda program is currently what I use for Anti-Virus so now how do I go about Burning it from the Software Disc.

Can I use ImgBurn or any of the other programs like DvdFab etc.

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Do you have Nero or Roxio if so put the disc in, but cancel the install open your burn program open up the source that should be your cd or dvd drive drag and drop all the files and burn baby burn. But if its a anti virus program its only good for a year or so it will time out and not do you any good. Check out A.V.G. they are free they update daliy I've used them for years never had a problem

6. ireland

ireland Active member

WHAT i would get is clonecd,a 21 day free trial as it will copy any cd-program or music cd in a heart beat.

and while ye are at it look into anydvd and clonedvd both free to try for 21 days which will burn 99.9% of all dvd movies out..

link to all the programs
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  7. 1Tizz

1Tizz Regular member

I already have Panda installed on my pc because I bought the Antivirus program software because AVG wasn't protecting my pc good enough. Anyway, I want to make a backup copy of my Panda AntiVirus Software and I have DvdFab,DvdShrink,AnyDvd,ImgBurn,HotBurn & 1 other program so Im trying to figure out which of these programs I can use to burn my Panda Software with. Can you please healp me with that?
    Thank You

8. ireland

ireland Active member

you need a program that will rip and burn the cd..thats why i said to try clonecd...
    cheers

9. 1Tizz

1Tizz Regular member

I also have CloneDvd but forgot the name of it until I read the post above.

10. ireland

ireland Active member

clonedvd is only for dvd movies,clonecd is for cd's and dvd and dual layer dvd9 disks and dvd5.

last cheers

11. 1Tizz

1Tizz Regular member

Your still not answering my question though, What can I use to burn a back up copy of my Panda Software Antivirus? Will any of the programs that I have listed above work for that?
    Thanks

12. ireland

ireland Active member

as i did answer your question,with clonecd..

you need a program that will copy the cd and then burn it..

nero,roxio and clonecd can do the job,

i did not know what HotBurn was,so i checked it out
    TRY THAT ONE......

Iomega® HotBurn® software for the PC operating platform makes burning CDs easier than ever. The HotBurn interface is so straightforward that making music or data CDs is completely intuitive and hassle-free. Just drag and drop files into the layout screen and click the Create CD button. Voila! On the PC you can drag and drop files to your CD burner without launching the HotBurn application, it also saves your files directly to your burner from within any application. Plus, HotBurn includes a handy label and jewel case editor, making labeling your collection as easy as making it.
    http://www.iomega.com/hotburn/hotburn_main.html

P/S YE BUY PROGRAMS AND YE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE FOR..AMAZING

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  13. 1Tizz

1Tizz Regular member

Yes I know what the programs DO, I wasn't sure about backing up an Antivurus Software and that is why I was asking for help here at Afterdawn!!!!!