1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? about dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvdruthie, Apr 1, 2007.

1. dvdruthie

dvdruthie Guest

Hello. First time poster. I have some issues with dvd decrypter and did not see a place to post ?'s. Could you please direct me to the correct forum. Thank you very much.

2. onya

onya Guest

Welcome to AfterDawn.... :)

What issues are you having?

3. dvdruthie

dvdruthie Guest

I've been using dvdfab, shrink and decrypter all for about 3 months with no problems, except their time consuming, and all the sudden the last 9 dvds i burned with decrypter are blank. It runs through the program as before, tells how much has been burned, no errors in the log, says successfully completed and the dvd is blank. I have a new hp pavilion dv9000, also 3 months old, so I don't see a problem with the burner itself. Besides, it will burn cd's etc.

4. onya

onya Guest

Burning speed and media quality, can have a huge bearing on the final result. Keep your burn speeds at half the rating on the media, or less. Use Taiyo yudens or verbatims....I use TDK's with no probs.

DvdDecrypter is no longer supported, so it may have problems getting around the encryptions of newer releases. Having said that, this doesn't sound like it is the issue, but worth remembering. Try backing up one of those movies again with the suggestions above, and see how you get on.

5. dvdruthie

dvdruthie Guest

Media I'm using Office depot 16x, magnovox 16x, and memorex 8x. I also have verbatim but they are dl so I don't use them for regular movies. But I did try all the other 3 with same results. All packages have been opened and used in past with no problems. decrypter said writing speed was 3x so that should have been okay. I know they were ripped okay because you could see them in the little window while shrink was encrypting. I've been reading about this imgburn, should I try it?

6. onya

onya Guest

You pipped me at the post with the ImgBurn question. Now I know you use shrink, (the plot thickens) try RipIt4Me with DvdDecrypter, shrink and ImgBurn. Ripit has FixVts included, and is very important to clean up the files. Here's a link to the guide and software downloads.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/A_F_Guides.html

7. dvdruthie

dvdruthie Guest

Ok downloaded imgburn, already had ripit, although I havn't used it yet, I like fab, anywho imgburn burned movie, actually burned it on a dvd that dvd decrypter said it successfully burned. Not a rw dvd so obviously it was blank. So not the burner. But I don't understand why all the sudden decrypter quit working. Makes no sense. Heres another stupid ?. Why do you need so many programs to burn 1 disc?

8. onya

onya Guest

With new releases in particular, it takes time to develope the means to circumvate the protections added to safeguard their contents. Even Slysoft (which you pay good money for) have certain issues with those regards. It's all about collecting tools, and using them to your best advantage. Where there's a will, there's a way......

All the best dvdruthie, happy burning.

9. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You may have TEST MODE enabled in Decrypter but ImgBurn has a more updated burning engine so stay with that.

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

As binkie7 has mentioned in your other thread, these are NOT good quality discs.