1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? about DVD Shrink 3.2 and Aspi

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by qpasha, Aug 18, 2004.

1. qpasha

qpasha Member

I'm new and i red some guides about using dvdshrink, just for clarification, is it ok to assume that for files smaller that 4.36 th eonly thing you need to use is the decrypter, and for larger files the only thing you need to use is the dvd shrink because it has a decypter built in. Does that sound right?

The other question i have is about aspi, i used the Aspi version checker (ASPICHK.EXE), and i have XP, was this the right one to use, because when i did it said that 4 of my component weren't correctly installed. I read around and some places said that i need it and other say that i dont. I read the glossary description, and I'm not getting a clear idea as to what its function is. so do i need it and what does it do?

One final question, when you try to watch a movie created by dvd shrink in your home palyer, is it one continuos chapter, or do you have mulitple chapters like the original, or does this depend on the size and what you shrink?

thanks for reading

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

erm... even if you reauthor you keep the chapters

3. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

you dont need winaspi afaik...

basically dvdshrink in both modes keeps chapter information :)

4. ade_95

ade_95 Guest

Dvd shrink doesnt realy need an aspi because it encodes the files in its own particulr way ;)