1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about no solder mod chip + swap magic disc

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by preslay, Oct 16, 2004.

1. preslay

preslay Member

Hi everyone, i have a question about the no solder mod chip. I happen to already have a burnt copy of a swap magic 2.0 dvd disc and i know it works because i tested it on my friend's modded ps2. So my question is, if i were to instal a no solder mod chip, would it read the burnt swap magic disc or can it only read a real one that i would purchase off of a mod chip site? I've been trying to figure this out because i know the no solder needs a swap magic to play games, so i've been confused on if it can read a burnt game and just needs the swap magic to play it, or if it can't read burnt games at all which would mean it can't even read my burnt swap magic disc. Anyways thanks in advance. Oh actually, is a no solder mod chip bad in any way? i read up on one forum and he said he broke his ps2 with installing it. the only other solution i can think of is a flip top, but i'm guessing i need a real swap magic disc to use a flip top with burnt games. Anyways thanks again.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the no solder mod only allows you to eject discs without the ps2 knowing about it just like the flip top or slide card allow you to change discs without the ps2 knowing about it, it won't boot backup copys of anything thats why you need to use the swap magic discs.the only way to boot a backup of swap magic would be to use another boot disc or a no swap solder in mod chip
    p.s. no solder mod's are known to blow internal fuses in the ps2