1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About original.bin and unique key

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by y2drew, May 26, 2007.

1. y2drew

y2drew Member

Hi. Noob here! I've just had my 360 flashed, but the company that did it didn't send me a copy of the original.bin (I think it's called).
    Bad timing to have it done as this one doesn't work online. So I'm making preparations to do the next upgrade myself.

I'm guessing that I need a copy of the original.bin? I have a Samsung drive...how do I tell which type it is (MS28 or MS25 I think the main two are)?

Obviously I don't know what my unique key is yet. Do I find it in the xtreme firmware like an original one?

I'm hoping that although I didn't do the upgrade from the original firmware to xtreme, it is still possible to do xtreme to the newer one when it's out?

Thanks for any help. You guys are FAR more experienced that me!

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  2. y2drew

y2drew Member

Any help?

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you have to open the dvd xbox console to see what drive it is. and you can get your key from your xtreme firmware you already have. just extract it and then hex edit your key out of that and hex edit it into an orig.bin file and you will need to flash that to your drive then go through the steps to reflash the hacked firmware back onto it.

4. y2drew

y2drew Member

Thanks for the info. Although I don't have the orig.bin, I can extract the key from the updated firmware and insert it into the iXtreme when it's released. Thanks again. Appreciated.

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if your already flashed iextreme isnt going to help you, if your not banned then dont flash anything, dont power on your 360 without the drive hooked up ever. its going to throw a redflag at MS and they will ban you more than likely.

6. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

ROFL.. hexediting the key out.. sjeez man you live in the stone-age?

use firmware toolbox to open up your firmware dump and extract the key.

just do a dump from the original firmware, like you would normally. then use FW TB to retreive the key.

plus you can flash with power from your 360... mikeismad you really think they can ban for this? lol. think again.