1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About playing PSX and PS2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by pablo2000, Feb 6, 2005.

1. pablo2000

pablo2000 Member

Hi, im thinking of buying a swap magic or mod chip and wondering if any body could give advice about what too buy as i havent a clue.

I want to be able to backup games (i have DVD writers and DVD Decrypter) but i also want to be able to play both PSX and PS2 backups.

any help greatly apretiated

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If you go with a swap method, SwapMagic discs can boot ps2 backups (cd & dvd), and BreakerPro, i believe, can boot your psx backups.

3. pablo2000

pablo2000 Member

thanks. can anyone recommend a good Mod chip please so i can decide which is best. also what the Mod Chip allows you to do. thanks

4. hursty

hursty Active member

the matrix infinity or messiah 2 modchips are good chips,if you are not bothered about vioding your gaurantee,go for the soldered modchip....swapmagic can be a hassle,some of the games can be difficult to load,generally swapmagic is good for people who are bothered about messing around inside the ps2,for those that who are not...its a pain in the ass

i use messiah 2 and it loads everything,just like the games are original..ps1/ps2 games no problem

5. pablo2000

pablo2000 Member

well my warrenty is already void so i can muck around with soldering with out any probs so i think ill go for the mod chip...any ideas what a good price is as im a total novice?

6. hursty

hursty Active member

depending on where you are from,i am in the uk,and altough i dont fit modchips myself,i would expect to pay around £30 for the chip.
    fully fitted £60

7. pablo2000

pablo2000 Member

i live in the uk too so yeah thats good i dont think id need it to be fitted cos my friends an electritian so as long as its comes with or its easy to find instructions of how to fit it, it should be ok.

thanks for your help guys. just one last thing im presuming you can only buy them online? would this be right?

8. hursty

hursty Active member

yes you can but them online