1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about "Please insert a Playstation 2 format disc"

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jim_yz80, Jan 6, 2005.

1. jim_yz80

jim_yz80 Member

I just bought HDloader (the proper thing i have no chip) and I havent got a hard drive yet but i put the disc in anyway to see if it would boot, and it came up with "Please insert a Playstation 2 format disc" and I was like crap so i reset and went into the browser then put the disc in again and it loaded finally. I repeated putting the disc in a few times and it came up with "Please insert a Playstation 2 format disc" about 6 times out of ten. I know that this message comes up with burnt games when you dont have a modchip, and I noticed that on the inside of my HDloader disc had a few scratches on the inside of the disc from the way the Hdloader people put it in the case wrong. So anyway if a disc is scratched can it make the PS2 think it isnt PS2 format? Because they are pretty light scratches so I coul take it to the local video shop and get the scratches taken off.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try cleaning your ps2 laser.

3. jim_yz80

jim_yz80 Member

Ok I have put my DVD lens cleaner in three times now and had the scratches removed from the disc but there's still no improvement. My PS2 is a PAL 50002 model if that means anything.

4. jim_yz80

jim_yz80 Member

Also my PS2 has no trouble at all playing normal games.

5. jim_yz80

jim_yz80 Member

Anyone please...

6. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

return the disc to the retailer it seems to be a dud.

you'd be surprised how easy it is to get a dud disc.

the company that makes these are not a multinational company with lots of capital behind them. they do not have quality control etc.

i bought a set of swap magic with the same results. even replaced my ps2 thinking that was to blame...........

7. jim_yz80

jim_yz80 Member

I will try on a few friends PS2s