1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hooch1010, Sep 12, 2004.

1. hooch1010

hooch1010 Member

i would like to know if this dvd shrink program works for movies that you get off the net. if not do you all have a program that will work to shrink the movie so it will fit on a dvd rw . i tryed to use this shrink and couldnt get it to work on the movies that i got of the net.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

The movies you are probably D/Ling could be in .avi or any thing else . They need to be mpeg2-DVDcompliant before Shrink will compress. Find out what type of files these are then look at the forum guides and find the correct conversion and then use the recommended programs to convert

3. hooch1010

hooch1010 Member

thank you for helping me. the movies i have is knot on dvd it has been downloaded and some are in divx or avi but it wont let me open the folder were my movies are. to try to shrink them. maybe that might help you more to help me no if that will work on my movies. thank agin.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hooch1010 ,
    You are going to have to use the guides to convert the files to Mpeg2.

For instance if I needed to convert an .avi file to mpeg2 I would use Adobe Premiere and import the file in and export the timeline to Nero. So in others words you will have to find a program that will convert the files to mpeg2