1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About the eMule installation

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by gliders, Jan 6, 2005.

1. gliders

gliders Member

About the eMule installation: there are specified 2 ways:
    1. Installer v0.44d - this application installs eMule by a setup routine interactively, containing all languages and help files.

2. Binaries v0.44d -this archive contains only the files you need to run eMule and needs to be unzipped, with 4 languages only.

If i don't want to install eMule, then i can just download the binaries, unzip it into some folder, and run emule.exe. Is there some advantages in second way, without installing?

2. gliders

gliders Member

About the eMule installation: there are specified 2 ways:
    1. Installer v0.44d - this application installs eMule by a setup routine interactively, containing all languages and help files.

2. Binaries v0.44d -this archive contains only the files you need to run eMule and needs to be unzipped, with 4 languages only.

So, if i don't want to install eMule, then i can just download the binaries, unzip it into some folder, and run emule.exe. Is there some advantages in second way, without installing?