1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About the spring update Please I need Help?????????

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bigballz, May 24, 2007.

1. bigballz

bigballz Guest

Ok i my console is offically ban so i want to get rid of spring update because it corrupted gamesaves. So is the spring update is in the console or the HD. So if it is in the HD can formatting my HD gets rid of the spring update...

2. bigballz

bigballz Guest

need help please

3. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

yes formatting the drive should get rid of the update, but you will lose your saves and downloaded content

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

the update saves to the console not the hard drive.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Seriously, think about it... if you take off your hdd (making your preimum now a core) and power on the 360, is your screen blank or do you still see your dash?

You still have your dash, of course. The updated dash is stored on the mobo, not the hdd.

Now on another note, I had 5 Saint's Row games saves (saved at 5 different points). I hadn't played SR in months and the day after I updated my dash I went to play it again and my 2 newest saves were corrupted. It was the completed game and the very last mission.

I've read a few other posts where people have ended up with corrupted saves after the update. And I don't mean those assholes who cheat and download gamesaves just to get the achievement points.

So, I wouldn't doubt one bit that the update corrupted your saves. Sorry to say this but you're gonna just have to bite the bullet and start over.