1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to get a Premod....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dvdps2, Nov 28, 2004.

1. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I have searched for awhile and I have decided to get a Premod with a matrix infinity chip. I have decided to get it from PS2warehouse.com($239.99) or xmodd.com($255) Has anyone had a person experience with either one of these places. I would hate to get ripped off. Any comments would help. Thanks! Also where's a good place to get firmware.

2. billz

billz Active member

I just got a premod free ps2warehouse about a week or so ago.The PS2 came alot faster than any other ps2 site I've ever ordered from before.There definately a good choice.They even went to the extra mile to make sure that matrix infinity instructions to use the chip were printed up and included with my pstwo.It's seems like a no-brainer to go with them seeing how there cheaper as well.To keep up with firmware either go to offical site http://www.infinitymod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=news

or ps2ownz and ps2newz.net normally post when there's a update availble

3. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Thanks for the reply billz. I think im going to go with PS2 warehouse. Do you have to do anything specific to get the matrix chip working? Also do u know what their warranty is? And how long did it take to ship? I'm thinking about using a credit card, is that what u did? Thanks for your help billz! One last thing, was it a slim ps2 or orginal? Thanks

4. billz

billz Active member

the chip works right of the box no need to do anything unless you have one of the few games that need the update... Update are really simple to do and insure the matrix will always work with all games.

this straight ps2warehouse warranty/returns section

2. Returned goods must be received by PS2warehouse no later than 30 days after the original shipping date for Canadian orders, or no later than 45 days for U.S. and foreign orders. The original shipping date is the day the order was shipped from PS2warehouse.

and there iron clad warranty

PS2WAREHOUSE.COM GUARANTEES 100% that all modchips that we carry are ORGINAL!!!! We insure absolute QUALITY on all products that we sell.

So from what I can tell you get a 30 to 45 day warranty .I wasn't to worried becuase I got positive feed back form friends about them .

I ordered on a friday with my CC so it took 13 days.I was able to track the package thru UPS the whole time so I felt pretty comfortable.When it arrived It was a slimline pstwo(I thought it was going to be orginal but the slimline is so damn cool once you have thatbaby in your hands,you don't care) Everything still in the package sealed and wrapped like new... the Controller,power pack,video cables,network disk.I even noticed the little things like them adding MatrixInfinity label by the ps2 label.It looks like they put alot of care into their product.Im really happ y with my purchase.I hope you have the smae experince wherever you buy from

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  5. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Thanks billz, you've been really helpful. I'm going to take your word on this and go ahead and order from them. Oh, also, is there any diffence performance wise with slim ps2? Or is it the same thing smaller?

6. billz

billz Active member

[bold]calm done there buddy[/bold],I see your posting all over the board like a crazy man about this.There's realitivly the same performance but the matrix chip has a quick boot option that makes it boot up a bit faster.I know you want a broder range of opinions and that's fine Jion up at ownz and newz and you might get more hits from different people .You can only ask the same question so many times before you tap out of the # people who have experince with the 2 companies here at aD