1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to give up on playing my backed up game discs

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by likwidg, Aug 13, 2011.

1. likwidg

likwidg Member

I have the homebrew channel installed though the new letterbomb. My wii is on 4.3. Every tutorial i have tried has not worked. The farthest i have gotten on one was to where i load the wad manager but it freezez up the wii with a black screen. Got a kid here with a cracked paper mario game (i accidentaly stepped on it) and they are throwing a fit that i cant get it to play. Someone please help

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. xbox09

xbox09 Member

how old is your wii??? if you have a newer wii you will no longer to be able to use disc backups because of the new type of drive they have. your only option is to softmod your system.

3. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

It sounds like you do not have an exploitable ios.

Download Modmii, run it on your pc and it will get everything you need. The guide - in the copy to sd folder will refer to the game exploit (you can bypass this as you already have it) you need to run the ios236 installer and then run the rest of the guide to install the wad's

4. likwidg

likwidg Member

it's a very old wii. Probably 5+ years old. And I don't have a PC. I work on a MAC

5. likwidg

likwidg Member

I also installed bootmii when i installed the homebrew channel. I figured I needed to change the wii to an IOS that can read DVDs but that is where I am hitting snags.

6. damoder

damoder Member

try usb loading and gratz on the letterbomb its really awesome