1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to softmod, couple of queries.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by antispam, Mar 20, 2007.

1. antispam

antispam Member

I'm about to softmod my xbox using splinter cell gamesave. I've read a dozen guides/tutorials but I have some queries which I can't find the answers for as the guides tend to vary here and there.

1) One guide I read said I should update my Dashboard first, as in before doing anything, is this true and why? If this is necessary all I do is connect to my trial of xbox live right? and can I simply cable my xbox to my router for access?

2) The splinter cell gamesave is in 2 parts, sadly they both will NOT fit on my 8mb memory card together, is it safe to say I can merely transfer 1 at a time to my xbox HDD?

3) Do I need to prepare anything else prior to doing the softmod, I know how it's done and I have everything required, it's just the many tutorials tend to have something different. I read something about setting up HDD's according to letters, e.g. the F: drive. Do I need to prep any HDD's on either my xbox or PC prior to the softmod.

I'm really anxious to get this underway, and would greatly appreciate any help regarding these queries, many thanks

2. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

1. To update your dashboard, just insert an xbox live compatible game and play it. It will automatically update your dashboard. To check your dash version, go somewhere in the system info, and look at dash version. It should say 5960.

2. Yes it is safe to do that.

3. No you shouldn't need to prep any harddrives unless you are planning to get a larger HD.

3. antispam

antispam Member

4. antispam

antispam Member

If I do get a bigger HD what sort of preperations do I need to do BEFORE softmodding?

Also do you know if I can use U.S free trial cards in U.K? for xbox live

5. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

To get a bigger hd you must use ide hd (parrallel or ultra) built within the last few years and i would reccomend using xboxhdm. In order to replace your hardrive you need to have your eeprom and be comfortable with opening your pc. It does all the work for you.