1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to use Pioneer DVR-108... what media & software should I use?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by StatikOne, Nov 22, 2004.

1. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

I am about to borrow a Pioneer DVR-108 to back-up games. I have a flip top with Swap Magic 2.0.

I was wondering what brand of DVD-R media I should use that should be compatible with what I have? What is a reputable source for obtaining it? (The cheaper the better!)
    Also, what program is recommended for use with this burner and the media.

I intend to backup GTA: San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3, Star Ocean 3, and Ratchet & Clank 3 Up Your Arsenal. Have any problems occurred with these games?

I know that there are other posts about this, but in the case of my old DVD burner (R.I.P.) I initially had bad luck by following what random posts have stated. However, I had success after asking for suggestions from people with the same components. So I create this post in order to avoid having to waste dozens of DVD-R's again.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  2. Estranged

Estranged Member

Good question. I am wondering the same thing as for the compatability issue. Most Ritek products are just compatible for 107 pioneer. Verbatrim I dont know about because they didnt give the specs.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  3. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

How about Prodisc 8X DVD-R?... I have heard this name a few times and it's cheaper than Ritek.
    Should it be fine with Pioneer DVR-108?

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have used ritek g04 dvd-r(4x) and g05 dvd-r(8x) in my 108 and they burn fine and used dvd decrypter, nero6, alcohol 120 and sonic record now as burning software
    i have also backed up gta:sa and ratchet and clank 3 with my 108 on g04's at 2x and both backups work fine

5. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

deleted

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  6. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Thank You for your help.
    I have access to Memorex, TDK and Fuji DVD-R's. Has anybody been successful with these?