1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? about unlocked phones

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by BigLog11, Jan 17, 2007.

1. BigLog11

BigLog11 Member

newbie here and I have heard about unlocked phones all the time.....but If I get an unlocked phone say from Cingular, What do i do...call verizon and have them take my old phone and transfer it to the unlocked phone????

2. PHAQUE

PHAQUE Guest

No. I think it works like this,You have a phone with say T-mobile.
    You dont like service. You can have your phone unlocked so you can get service from some other provider. I do think it has to be a phone that takes a sim card. i.e. a sim for a sim. Get it. Phones that work without a sim card I have no clue about.

3. pazzini

pazzini Guest

If / when you unlock your mobile all you have to do is insert the chip (network) you want to use into that phone.

Example: If you have a Cingular phone but want to use T-Mobile when you unlock the mobile (by code or shop) just insert the T-Mobile sim and off you go, thats it.

4. BigLog11

BigLog11 Member

Verizon Does not use sim Cards so will an unlocked phone with a sim card work on Verizon....I just want to update my wifes phone from verizon for free

5. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Your mobile is a CDMA mobile and will never work with a GSM sim. You will have to buy a new mobile if you want to use a GSM network.