1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about unscrewing ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fuyuki, Apr 25, 2005.

1. fuyuki

fuyuki Member

i just got my flip top case with swap magic 3.6. i unscrew 2 of my screw , but the third one didn't come out. it is stuck in the middle. and i think i kind of mess that screw up. it doesn't look like orginal screw. anyway, i need help getting the screw out. any idea? and the screw for the ps2 is very tight. is there an easy way to get the screw out without hurting myself. i have blister on my both hands right now. thanks for the answer

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

lol, that ps2 is kicking your a$$!! I would just take it in to a local hardware store, and ask them if they can get the screws out for you. I had to do this one time because I did not have any good screw drivers to work on the ps2. Just be careful dude! hahaha

3. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Yeah, stop working on that. You could either : A) Break your case. B) Strip the screw's head.

Go to your hardware store, and buy the absolute BEST set of small electronics screwdrivers that you can get. Don't skimp, buy the best ones you can possibly get. Why? Because a good screwdriver will make a world a difference when working with ANY electronics.

When you DO get that screwdriver, try screwing it back into it's original position (how it was before you tried to remove it) and slowly unscrew it upright (hold it down straight on a table, don't try to hold it in the air to unscrew it, this is a great way to actually take it out or put it in crooked)

That's all I can say. If it's too much of a hassle to put it back in after you've taken it out, then DON'T. There are at least 5 other screws on your PS2's case, and those are more than adequate to hold your PS2 in place.

4. fuyuki

fuyuki Member

I think the head is kind of broken already. when i try to fit the screw driver in and turn it, the screw driver doesn't fill up space, so i can't turn it. anyway, i'm going to buy new screw driver. hopefully that would fix my problem.

edit: how can i take the scew out if i strip the screw's head. is there anyway to take the screw out?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  5. biglog9

biglog9 Member

go to hardware store and ask for what is called -easyouts-
    they look like backward drill bits. one of the small ones might fit into the head of the screw and turn the screw out. or you might have to just drill the head of the screw off. patience is the key.

6. fuyuki

fuyuki Member

i finally got it out! thanks for the answer. you guys really help me out alot. on one more question. does swap magic take dvd+r, dvd+rw.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

You can use DVD+R and DVD-R, they both work fine... Older version ps2's, ver 5 and below, use DVD-R only, because +R's have problems running on the older systems.

8. fuyuki

fuyuki Member

noooo, i have version 4 ps2. i need to buy some dvd-r. i only have dvd+rw right now.

9. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

hmm I have a version 8 and I made 6 coasters out of dvd+r's, bought dvd-r's and it worked perfect, funny thing is that a movie back-up on a dvd+r played fine in my PS2

10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

take that back I have a version 7

11. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Actually, it all depends on what version you have. However, for some reason everyone's PS2 seems to be different. The only way you can test it out is by hit or miss. Burn a movie to a DVD, and if it'll play in your PS2, then your PS2 can read that media. That's the test to see if media will work.

12. fuyuki

fuyuki Member

does that mean that my ps2 has a chance of playing dvd+r games?

13. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Who knows? Before going out and buying new media, burn a DVD movie to a DVD+R and see if your PS2 will play it. If it does, then you can use those same DVD+Rs to burn your PS2 games to.

And if it doesn't play that DVD+R, then at least you got a backup of your movie :) If that's the case, try DVD-R or a different brand of DVD+R.

Before anyone says anything about compatability, I think everyone should know that one of the biggest contributors to the DVD+R format is Sony. They've poured in TONS of bucks into the development of a DVD format to rival the DVDR forum. In other words, the DVD+R format is Sony's propietary format on ALL of their systems after it's standardization a couple of years back. Hence, DVD+Rs should play with less problems than DVD-Rs on all Sony electronics made in the last few years.

So, if you have a PS2 that was made somewhere in the last couple of years, it's more than likely that it will run DVD+Rs.

But hey, that doesn't discredit my other statement; that PS2s are fickle machines, and are choosy about media.

In the end, it's trial and error that will tell you what works.

14. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Thats weird cause I did burn a copy of a movie to dvd+r and it played in my ps2, but then when I made my dvd+r game it didnt. So I bought some dvd-r's and burned another of game exactly as before and it booted right up....