1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About USB keyboard & mouse support for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ImpaIer, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ImpaIer

ImpaIer Member

Howdy, once and for all I wanna know DOES PS2 support USB keyboards and USB mouse? I have heard that not all games do that and features are rather limited.

Does anyone know a list of games where keyboard/mouse is usable?

Anything else interesting related to my question is more than welcome here. Please I want the info :):lol: :rolleyes:

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, you just need a USB to PS2 adapter to hook them up. As far as compatibility i do not think there would be much, since most games are set up to use a controller, just the opposite from a PC game.

the PS2 system just wasn't meant for mouse & keyboard gamers.

3. NwADrDre

NwADrDre Member

U dnt need a bloody usb to ps2 adapter in case u havent noticed it already has 2 usb ports
    I use them but i have upgraded my ps2 with a 400GB HDD and 8 2.0 usb ports.also if you buy an ORION XTU cd/dvd drive your games will boot faster so u can frag ppl b 4 they have spawned which i do

All socom uses keyboard but there is no points in a mouse as it is a waste of time

4. ImpaIer

ImpaIer Member

Um, maybe you know where to find a list of ps2 games which use keyboard and/or mouse. Just that. Pleaasee :)

5. steimy

steimy Active member

personally i think the whole keyboard and mouse with PS2 is a complete waste. I can run circles around those types with a controller in my hand.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Huh ! you can type with an on screen keyboard with a controller faster than someone with a USB keyboard?? wipe your mouth your dribbling sh.t..nough said..

7. steimy

steimy Active member

was not talking about typing, what PS2 game are you typing in? I was talking about gaming. So take your smart A$$ attitude and step down a notch where you belong.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  8. ImpaIer

ImpaIer Member

Well in games no typing is needed, but for example in cheating devices, ulaunchELF text editor keyboard might be okay to have.

9. ndtoall

ndtoall Member

I actually bought a Logitech Keyboard/controller for PS2. The keyboard is usb and it locks into this loooong ps2 controller. Come to think of it, I've never used it for a game. But I've heard there are some games that you can type in...?

Nd