1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About Usenext

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by sammorris, Oct 9, 2005.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Usenext is a client, Usenet is the system. There may well be some free ones, but it's a bit like the internet in general, you really do need a paid account to get any decent level of access.

2. FattyNut

FattyNut Guest

I just tried out the trial for UseNext and I thought I was pretty satisfied until I realized that you can only download one file at a time everything else gets queued. Downloads are fast though but you have to ask yourself that in the long run are you really saving time since you can only dl one file at a time. Also the dl speed jumps quite a bit(fastest I got up to was 200kb/s) and it's kinda confusing at first to understand how it works but if you ask anyone in the chat room they'll help you out, once you figure it out it's really easy. Oh and almost all the comments are in German which kinda pisses me off and i tried running utorrent and UseNext at the same time and UseNext dl speed went way down and utorrent's dls stayed at where they would normally be.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Although the service seemed good, the amount of data available I found was very limited, and there was very little i couldn't get from a torrent site for free.

4. FattyNut

FattyNut Guest

sammorris is right. UseNext is bs. stick to torrents its free and the most reliable. All the people not seeding torrents should stop being pansies and start because its the only way to speed up our dl rate(other than messing with the ports, that TCP hack, and setting your upload/dl rates). So help each other out.

5. abarkas

abarkas Member

if u are willing to share a usenexyt account send me ur pass and user to aaron_b04-05@hotmail.com i want to download ps2 and xbox games tah

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

There are far better ways of doing it. Usenext is a service that costs money, and there's nothing I've found on usenext you can't get elsewhere (such as torrents) for free.

7. sputty

sputty Member

Hi, i know there hasn't been much action in this thread for a while but id like to point out UseNext is NOT a Peer2Peer network at all, its part of the usenet system, exactly the same as Giganews,easynews etc, they just bundle it with an easy to use interface.

When you download using UseNext your downloading DIRECT from their server farms, not from peers like when you use bit torrent so it shouldn't be compares to bit torrent or limewire atall. Your not sharing anything by using usenext.

As for the legality of usenet...well.. the service itself isn't illegal but downloading copyrighted files off usenext..well it is sort of, though your not actually sharing them so to speak so it depends on your province. It would also be worth pointing out that nobody has ever been sued for using it and it would be almost impossible for them to trace what your downloading off it anyway, most providers dont keep logs for this reason, easynews doesn't even log your ip address!

If your new to the world of usenet then id reccommned UseNext for its easy to use interface, then id more on to a Giganews/Alt.binz combo...its alot cheaper but takes a while to get used to.

As for the availability of files usenet is where most release groups post their realeases...99% of the time films and games will be on usenet before they even appear on public bit torrent networks. I manage to hit a wopping 820kb/s on my 8mbit connection, no matter what file :)

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If only that were true. The speed is indeed good, but BitTorrent connections are often equally good (and I only know one person with 100Megabit internet, he downloaded one torrent at 9500KB/s or so, he hasn't used usenext to my knowledge) and there is far more content available. Perhaps you're right about stuff coming out earlier, but BT usually follows suit in a matter of hours, and is more reliable, and there is a much greater chance of it actually appearing at all. Oh, and a lot of year-old torrents still download. Usenext content usually has to be added ecently or it gets deleted.

9. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Use giganews!

10. sputty

sputty Member

The thing is usenet will max out any connection, no matter what file, even the latest films that will only download at 30kb/s on bit torrent will max out pretty much any connection (depending on your provider) if your looking for a large back-catalouge of files then as the above poster pointed out giganews is fantastic, coming up to 200 days of retention... you'd have ALOT of diffictuly not finding what you wanted lol.

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, I don't download films at the time they come out in the cinema, I wait for the DVD release to get a good quality version, typically in HD.

12. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Its pretty cheap too. www.giganews.com

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

But bit torrent is free!

14. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

But you can get caught VERY easily with bittorrent. My friend has gotten 2 letters.

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's very unlucky, are you sure it doesn't just concern bandwidth?

16. sputty

sputty Member

When you download using bittorrent your exposing your IP address to every peer thats uploading/downloading the file, i know 2 people who have been sent letters from FOX for downloading the simpsons through bittorrent. Bittorrent is about as anyonomous as walking up to the RIAA/MPAA's HQ and shouting out that you download files, Its just out of luck if they choose to pursue it or not.

As i said before, bittorrent and usenet cannot be compared atall, usenet charges because usenet has HUGE bandwidth bills, your downloading directly from them not from peers like on a p2p network!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's true, but it's also academic.

18. Billak0s

Billak0s Guest

Simply Usenext is the best software i have ever seen.
    I Start using usenext when i was searching to download some file and allways i could't get the files i was searching for and allways the sites was redirecting me to the usenext.
    So one day i decided to try usenext and i did a trial accoutn at http://www.usenext.com and due the trial mode i had the download limit of 1GB and then you need to recharge for one of the Usenext's offers.When i finished my download limit i was so surprised it was simply the best p2p i had ever seen ..i found everything i wanted and i was downloading with incredible speeds..
    It allows you to download at full of your bandwith and you can access thousands of files via user Groups.I have a connection of 8mbps and i was downloading with 1Mb/s.OMG i got shocked ..cause i was able to download something like mp3's less than 6 secs and DVDRip Divx file of 700MB at 10 minutes ..Program allows to do many things like user chat ..its has proxy settings too .For someone that have a good connection usenext is the best service ..
    You will never see banners and other advertisements to the software its 100% clean.
    Now for the legality that some ppl talk about ..
    Every p2p and torrent clients are legal the company that has the software has nothing to lose cause in every software user has the responsibility of the copyrighted matterial content.
    Usenext is the best ..TRY IT AND IT WILL SATISFY YOU AT 100%

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

First of all, usenext isn't p2p software. Secondly, if you know where to look, bit torrent is just as fast (if not more so) and is free.