1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? about Xbox 360 mfr dates

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rage4ordr, Aug 29, 2011.

1. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

I bought a used 360 from a pawn shop a couple of weeks ago to replace my dying 360. My old one has a mfr. date of 2007 and the one I just got has 2010. I'm itching to flash my new drive but am wondering if the RROD was fixed, or at least lessened, with the newer models. Reason I ask is the one I bought has a 30 day warranty so I'm wondering if I should wait till that expires before opening it up. Any thoughts??

2. foxykay

foxykay Member

The RROD was never eliminated with the fat consoles, check what chipset you have from the pic below. RROD is more common from left to right (eg. xenon is more likely to RROD than Falcon etc)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

The 2010 most likely has a jasper which is the best board ever put in a PHAT console. I have never seen one RROD but they do happen. I would suggest doing the 12V fan mod regardless of the board you have.

4. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

Thanks for the info. I was thinking the pawn shop must do some kind of research to avoid buying bad consoles so I might be safe. I will take a look at the power socket to check what chipset I have.
    Could I just buy one of those aftermarket cooling fans or is the fan mod a better option?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Do not waste your money on the after market ones. They suck and usually use the same power source which is a bad thing. The fan mod will cost you like 10 cents.

6. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

sounds good. appreciate the help.
    BTW, which fan mod do you recommend? I've found a couple of different ways this can be done.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  7. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

Ok. I just took a look at my 360 and all indications are that it's a Jasper. Yay! I'll probably get to flashing my drive some time this week now. Thanks for everyone's input!