1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolute BEST software for what I need?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clickclak, Mar 20, 2005.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Are you burning CD's or DVD's?

Have you recently added any new software, or flashed anything, etc. something new since your last successful attempt with NVE 3?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  2. darew9291

darew9291 Member

the last time i tried was a week ago and no i hadnt added any new software then but i have now

i was trying to durn a the AVI to DVD using NVE

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

HUH? I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying. Could you please repeat and clarify a little?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  4. darew9291

darew9291 Member

i have added like 4 diffrent cd writing softwares since i last tried to burn the file

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Have any of the others been Roxio? Or, did you have Roxio installed when it failed the 1st time? It is notorious for conflicting with other softwares, especially Nero. Also, do you have InCD installed by Nero? It also is known to conflict with other software, tho not as bad as Roxio.

You need to remove them if you have 'em. Roxio is hard to uninstall also. It leaves remnants in the registry that will conflict with other software. You need to use Roxio zapper tool.

6. darew9291

darew9291 Member

no i never had it installed on my system b4 and i got rid of InCd with the nero clean tool im thinking of jus rebooting my computer it could be that i have bad protection because i never had this problem before i burned an IMG file b4 (like a month ago) with the same procedure and if i did that and it worked then wouldnt it seem like a system problem???

7. darew9291

darew9291 Member

oops i posted that meesage in the wrong thread but no i havent used roxio

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

It could be a system problem but not necessarily.

What media are you using? it could easily be your media. If it's an inconsistant brand you could get a good burn one time and not the next.You keep saying CD, do you mean CD or DVD?

Have you tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of Nero? For sure leave out InCD, you don't need it unless you use packet writing software and it can cause conflict.

Also, have you tried writing to your HDD instead of your media? That would help narrow the problem down. We would then know if the problem is in the software or in hardware and/or media.