1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ac adapter not a charger?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by hypersoni, Jul 30, 2007.

1. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

I was looking online for psps. i saw the relevant section and saw battery chargers. So i clicked on one. the description said that it could charge the battery. Now I do a search on the sony psp adapter, since i assumed thats the adapter that comes with the psp, but the description doesnt even say that it can charge the battery! I know that this probably seems like a dumb question to all of you but can the ac adapter that comes with the psp charge the battery as well?

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

All an AC adapter does, is change the current from AC to DC (i'm no electrician but i think AC means alternating current, and DC means direct current), DC is what the PSP uses (notice it says "DC IN" next to the yellow charging bit on the PSP), so basically a charger and an AC adapter are the same thing, because they do the same job :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  3. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

Oh ok. Thanks. I just didnt want to be the one who fell for a sony scam to buy another charger when one comes in the box already.

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

No problem, glad i could clear it up