1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem AC:Revelations backup acting strangely

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by arsenalforever, Dec 29, 2014.

1. arsenalforever

arsenalforever Regular member

Sometimes when I insert the backup, the Xbox shows me 'Unrecognized Disc' while at other times it shows me 'Mixed Content Disc'. After wiping the disc a couple of times and re-inserting it once or twice I'm able to get it running and am able to play it well... The problem only happens when I turn off the Xbox and want to play the game again the next day or something...

So I decided to try installing the game onto my X360 hard drive, but I'm unable to reach the option to install the game.... The home screen of the Xbox just shows me a "Play Game" tile instead of showing the Assassin's Creed: Revelations image and when I press 'X' to go to "Game Details", it just returns me back to the home screen...

I'm able to play and reach the "Install Game" option for other games like Mass Effect 2, Fifa 15, etc...

2. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

If you can't install it, it's a bad burn.

3. arsenalforever

I'm able to play it fine... Just not able to reach the Install game' option...

4. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

Oh you don't even see an option to install?

5. arsenalforever

Usually the procedure to install is as follows:

1. Insert disc
    2. Wait for the game's image to show up on your xbox 360 home screen
    3. Press 'X' to go to "Game Details"
    4. Choose 'Install Game'

While I can do this successfully for all my other games, for AC:R, I'm having trouble in the 3rd step... When I press X, it goes to 'Game Details' but immediately returns me to the home screen.

And like I mentioned:

My friend has a backup of AC:R and hopefully I'll be able to install the game using his backup and play it using my backup.... I'll keep you posted with necessary logs momentarily...

6. arsenalforever

I tried playing my friend's backup on my Xbox but it gives me an unrecognized disc error, however it allowed me to install the game onto my hard drive 100% and I'm able to play it using my backup... Strange because if the disc is unrecognized for whatever reason, how did it install successfully?

Also here's the Imgburn log of my backup... It's not the burn log, but I was trying to create an image on my PC from the DVD. The attempt was unsuccessful:

It's strange that although the imgburn log points towards a bad burn, I'm still able to play the game (I'm 20% into the game) using my disc...

7. arsenalforever

Here's a video of what happens when I try to install AC:R using my backup:

8. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

IDK, still sounds like a poor burn. Have you tried checking the disc with ABGX to see if there are any errors?

9. arsenalforever

I was able to make an image from my friend's backup but there's no point running that through abgx because I get an 'Unspported Disc' error anyway when I try to play with it... How I'm able to install it successfully onto my hard drive, I don't understand...

And regarding my backup, I can't run it through abgx simply because I can't create its image...

10. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

You don't have to create an image to check. There is an option to check disc in ABGX. Is your backup truncated?

11. arsenalforever

Idk if it's truncated... My friend who has an iHas drive made it for me... I'll run my backup through abgx and post results here...

12. arsenalforever

Here's the abgx report:

Okay so it is a bad burn, but why is it even running on my Xbox in the first place?

Here's an abgx report of my friend's backup:

It looks like both discs are bad burns but for knowledge's sake, could you tell me the difference between my backup and my friend's backup? Just a reminder that I'm able to install the game from his disc, but when I try to play using his disc, I get an 'Unsupported Disc' error. On the other hand, I'm able to play fine using my backup, but unable to install it...

13. richietea

richietea Regular member

You have been asking for over a year now about which burner to buy for xgd3 images and quite obviously all the people that have spent their precious time trying to help you,not one single bit of advice has been followed through.If you continue using poor burns YES you are going to get those sort of errors,YES it will not install to the HDD even with a pretty spot on laser fresh out of the box.Please for one final time of all your 200 + posts asking the same questions over 12 months take the advice given to those who have knowledge in this area.Go buy yourself the sony optiarc 5280s-cb plus people have mentioned countless times down the months and put us all out of our misery.If you run into problems with this drive people will be more than welcoming to help you,but for some reason or another you continue using poor burners,bad burns and expect us all to wave a magic wand and sprinkle fairy dust over your problems.Bad equipment will give bad results PERIOD so nothing can eradicate your issues.Quite frankly people will start to lose interest in any of your posts as any sound advice was not taken heed over a year ago.

14. arsenalforever

If only you had read my most recent thread till the end: http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/which-burner-to-buy.753011/#post-5037674

Secondly, this AC:R game hasn't been burned by me. It's been burned by my friend who has an iHas drive. Not once in this thread have I asked for a solution to the problem, I'm just keen on knowing the difference between my backup disc and my friend's backup disc. I wish you had read this thread completely before going on your rant.

Also, if you read post #12 of this thread, I've said

Notice the "For knowledge's sake" part?

15. richietea

richietea Regular member

I did read it thanks.So why are you using a bad burn to install to a HDD and expect miracles ? Why not wait till "your" burner arrives(if ever!).A few people have already commented on you never purchasing a drive capable of decent burns,so it will be interesting if any of your post include any burner related issues using a capable drive over the next month or year.Abgx is not for checking the quality of your burns either,only for patching.If your friend has an Ihas drive tell him to run the image through kprobe.This will give you an indication as to quality of the burn.

16. arsenalforever

This game was burned a year ago, not recently... I'm just playing it now and noticed the errors so I'm bringing them up. I didn't know their cause was a bad burn when I posted this issue... RIARA told me today that's it's due to a bad burn...

17. richietea

richietea Regular member

A number of factors to recognize.Bad quality burn due to rubbish burner.Incorrect settings in ImgBurn.Poor quality discs.Weak laser.Scratched disc etc etc.Like i said run it through kprobe and check the aforementioned.

18. arsenalforever

19. arsenalforever

Can we use kprobe to check the quality of XGD2 burns as well?

EDIT: Never mind, I'll try Nero DiscSpeed for XGD2

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  20. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

You don't need to check XGD2 titles only XGD3 and you need an ihas drive to check them with kprobe.