1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC3 2 channel??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nflp, Sep 23, 2004.

1. nflp

nflp Guest

I don't know if this is the right place for this question or if this is more of a newbie one. I am trying to backup some new films I bought. I notice there is both a AC3 5.1 audio (I'm using DVD shrink) and a AC3 2 channel. Do I need the 2 channel for any reason? I'm having a hard time getting the films to fit on 1 disc without compressing them alot. Can I strip off this AC3 2 channel sound? Any other ideas to help shrink the film down in size? I am backing up film only (no extras). Thanks.

2. gorangel

gorangel Guest

Maybe you can cut the credits of the movie.

3. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

You should use "re-author" mode to back up the movie only. Uncheck all audio (i.e., French, Spanish, Director Commentary, etc.) and leave only English AC3 5.1 audio. Even if your TV is only 2 channel audio, it will down mix the AC3 5.1 automatically so you will have all sound.

This should help give you less to compress. Take note you will loose menus. But it should not matter since you want the movie only.

4. nflp

nflp Guest

Awesome. Thanks alot for the help.