1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ac3 audio question

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jvillar, Jan 15, 2004.

1. jvillar

jvillar Member

Hi,

I have a home video that i added menus to burn onto a dvd-r. I want to add music to it. I found out that Dvd-Lab only takes AC3 files.

I've tried Besweet and followed the guide on dvdrhelp.com. and have not been succesfull. Is there any easier program that coverts to AC3 or another guide?

THNX!

2. bode

bode Member

If you have access to Sony Vegas 4.0, it will encode to true dolby ac3. Besweet isn't that great.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

DVD-Lab will also accept WAV and MPA audio. Other than that, I think Vegas is the cheapest way to get an AC3 encoder, but it's several hundred dollars.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2004
  4. vurbal

I just noticed today that you can get an AC-3 encoder for TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5. The plugin is $29 by itself or you can get it bundled with DVD Author for $88. It's only a plugin, so you'll need to get DVD Author to use it, which may mean you also need to mux the AC3 with a video file in DVD Author, even if you're eventually planning to use DVD-Lab to author.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

DVD Lab has the Option to encode your Audio files to AC3 also, you just have to download Besweet and configure it and DVD Lab properly.....

6. vurbal

I didn't know there was BeSweet support in DVD-Lab, but if you are going to use it there are a couple of things you should keep in mind. The dll BeSweet uses for AC3 encoding (AC3ENC.DLL) doesn't make compliant 2 channel AC3 files. Because DSPGuru (BeSweet author) got tired of complaints about the dll (which isn't his) he took out the support for it in the most recent version (or maybe the 2 most recent versions) of BeSweet, so you'll have to find an older one. If you use BeSweet and it doesn't work, look in the log file for this line:
    Error 85: support for ac3enc.dll had been removed due it its suckness!
    That means you need an older version.

Personally, I gave up on BeSweet for 2 channel audio because it never gave me a file that would play, but if you can get it to work, it's the cheapest solution available.