1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC3 audio

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by isomaster, Mar 12, 2003.

1. isomaster

isomaster Member

i have a avi xvid file the audio is ac3 when i try to save it to wav format to author in tmpgenc the wav file is empty when i try to play it back never came across ac3 audio b4 just usually mp3 what do i do to make this audio file work properly

thanks graham

2. tropauer

tropauer Guest

I don't understand. I believe the audio file AC3 is what you need to author a DVD or whatever. Why do you want a wav file?

3. isomaster

isomaster Member

yeah basically i have an xvid movie the audio is in ac3 format instead of the usual mp3 that i have been used to encoding i believe with what i'v read the extraction of ac3 is more difficult than mp3

any ideas

thanks graham

4. TheLarch

TheLarch Guest

1) open the Xvid in VirtualDub.
    2) save the audio as wav, make sure you are doing so in Direct Stream Copy.

3) rename the wav file to .ac3

4) use Headac3he to convert the .ac3 to .wav

TL

5. mbanx

mbanx Guest

I am trying to figure AC3 audio out. I have put some VHS on dvd but I can only get PCM or MPG2 audio, How to I get AC3 is it a codec I can download or what. Any help would be appreciated.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

7. mbanx

mbanx Guest

Wow I am glad I answered your prayers. I have the filter but I am not sure how to use it. Let me run this by you and tell me if I am on the right track. I demux my mpeg in DVD lab and then convert my audio track to AC3?

8. drchips

drchips Active member

Wow!!!

Here, Praetor, where's MY beer then, coz I've used the search function a few times without realising.

Is this a Customer Loyalty Award Scheme type thingy?
    Where do I sign up?

;-)

9. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

mbanx: I havnt used DVDlab much cuz ive been busy with school and stuff so i would be able to advise ya on that.

10. mbanx

mbanx Guest

Thanks anyway! I have to get started on school to.

11. afree

afree Member

You can recieve AC3 Codec from www.afreeCodec.com!
    Instantly, and if it doesnt work, try the codec wizard!

12. mbanx

mbanx Guest

I supposedly installed the AC3 codec but I dont know what it is. When I go to capture the only audio codec I see that might be it it ATRAC3. Is this it? I am not sure what abbreviation I am looking for but there is nothing that says just AC3.

13. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is Totally Simple...What you do is use "AVI-Mux" to demux the AC3 audio Track from the XviD file and then you Just encode the XviD Video to Mpeg2 for DVD (I think you are makeing a DVD????) and then load the Encoded M2V Video file and the Demuxed AC3 audio file into your DVD authoring program and Author the DVD....

14. oskar

oskar Guest

hi, I have Creative 5.1 Inspire speakers. How can I play mp3 using all 5 satelites?