1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC3 sound

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SonicScot, Oct 9, 2004.

1. SonicScot

SonicScot Member

Hi folks, wanted to say firstly that your site has been a godsend.. I now feel that I 'kinda' know what im doing.. Still very much learning though!

The guides are fantast!

But one thing that stumped me for a little while were AC3 formats, although this is mentioned in the guides I have a problem approaching it from a different angle.

I downloaded a movie in AVI format, but wondered why there was no sound, lots of searching later an I finally stumbled on a guide to extract AC3 files http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/extract_ac3_from_avi.cfm though I would save other newbies the couple of hours of scratching there head by mentioning that you should download AC3Filter to hear the AC3 sound when playing back the AVI on your PC.

Nice site.. I'm sure I'll be here time and time again.
    Hi folks, wanted to say firstly that your site has been a godsend.. I now feel that I 'kinda' know what im doing.. Still very much learning though!

The guides are fantast!

But one thing that stumped me for a little while were AC3 formats, although this is mentioned in the guides I have a problem approaching it from a different angle.

I downloaded a movie in AVI format, but wondered why there was no sound, lots of searching later an I finally stumbled on a guide to extract AC3 files http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/extract_ac3_from_avi.cfm though I would save other newbies the couple of hours of scratching there head by mentioning that you should download AC3Filter to hear the AC3 sound when playing back the AVI on your PC.

Nice site.. I'm sure I'll be here time and time again.

2. vwchick62

vwchick62 Member

My problem is playing my burned DVD on my DVD player..
    .avi movie with AC3 audio plays on my computer but not my DVD player...I have NO problem with audio MPEG on my DVD player (stand alone).....
    I am stumped as to what to do...can you help..?