1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptable 3dMark 2005 score

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by wdowsing, Dec 16, 2005.

1. rugripper

rugripper Guest

as oz said without a good mobo you are screwed....your lucky you are getting as good of performance as you say your getting....if you want better graphic performance for nfs most wanted you need to get a better graphics card or new mobo and oc the s--t out of it...buying new memory helps but there are alot of factors....mobo,memory,graphic cards,ps,etc.....its like a car,you can buy a yugo for real next to nothing or you can buy a lambergini.you have a yugo and mine is getting there....i would save my money bro and start with the mobo as oz said and work from there.the performence will be between night and day....swap the mobo...rip and install....peace

2. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Oh shit didnt even realize it, but this is a sli board. So Ya can run one vid card or get another exact match to the vid card and run them in sli mode. So this is a truly good price for this board!:>

3. rugripper

rugripper Guest

thats a nice board oz....like the combo packs they have for that one....peace

4. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Yeah right rug...didnt even realize I picked a sli board till now. Real good price!:>

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A good benchmark score means that you can play most games at reasonable frame rates and resolution. If all that you do is word processing and surfing the net, then these scores don't mean a thing. I'm into video encoding and editing and nothing makes a system sound "howdy", "like I'm there" a mean and lean AMD 64 bit socket 939 machine, using any of the new cores such as the Venice, San Diego, Manchester, and Toledo cores. They require low voltages, are easy to cool, and can be over clocked to 4 times their purchase value.

If you're into gaming, then you're going to have to give the same consideration to buying a graphics card that you did buying your CPU (over clocking speeds)and it's going to cost you money. If you're still using AGP cards all is not lost but you're going to have to upgrade everything that you can to play the latest games. I didn't build my system to play games, I built it to be fast and if it meets that standard, then it will play games. The question here is how well does your system rate?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005