1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptable burners for burning games?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by PSWii60, Jun 18, 2007.

1. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

I'm getting a mod chip for my Wii and I'm flashing my Xbox 360 soon. I was just curious if there were a burner that would support both systems, that can be bought at a place like Best Buy, Circuit City, MicroCenter, etc. To my knowledge, the Wii can accept most burners, but I read somewhere that the Xbox 360 is more picky with it's burner/media, so that's why I'm posting this in the Xbox 360 forum. I read that Verbatim is a great burnable DVD to use for both systems, so I'm planning on getting some of those (DVD-Rs for the Wii, and DVD+R DL for the 360). I just don't know if there is a universal DVD burner that would work for both systems very well that can be bought at a large chain electronics store like Best Buy or Circuit City. Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Well if your talking about a drive that can read an original 360 game picky is not really the word. There is really only one choice for most people. Samsung SH-D162C. And that is just to read them as it is a DVD-Rom not a burner. As for burning 360 ISO files. Well any decent dual layer burner will do the trick. After all an ISO is an ISO no matter how you look at it.

Things i would look for:
    1. a good name that people think highly of such as BenQ, NEC, Pioneer.
    2. A burner that can booktype media
    3. one that can burn all types of media.
    4. one that will give you the most bang for your buck in terms of features VS price. I am always willing to pay a little bit more to get all the features i want rather than pay less to find out later it is not what i need.

Personally i have never been happier with my BenQ DVD burner (DW1655), wish you culd still get them. But i am sure they have a newer model that does all the same things. And it was only $40 as well.

3. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

ok, thank you very much. I was more focused on the burning. I just don't want ot have my system modded, and have to wait 3 days after purchasing something from Newegg before i can finally test out my system. So, pretty much any well known brand dual layer burner I buy from Circuit City or Best Buy will do the job? What's all this talk about the Pioneer DVR-111d/DVR-112d? What makes those so good?