1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing a memcard from PC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by SuperTed, Oct 30, 2004.

1. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

Is it in anyway possible to write/read a GC Memcard using the GC+BBA+PSO+some other util?

I wanna know cause I just dl-ed an ISO of the Action Replay (cause it can not be found here in Holland).
    But now it's asking for the AR Hardware.
    I think it has some save or something like that on there that will make it look like an AR hardware memcard.

The AR image came with a DOL file (about 3MB).
    Does that need to be written on a MEMCARD?

Did anyone ever succeed in using the AR image?

2. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

could you email me telling you were you found it at yoharrymax @ yahoo.com without the spaces.

It is not for piracy it has vial information hidden in its structure.

3. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

At Dextrose forums you may find a way to do what you want.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have succeeded with it,it comes with a .iso file,and a .dol file right.I have the Action Replay V1.06b version.I still had to use a memory card,which was a madcatz memory card.It can pick up on the Action Replay.It works,but hard to say it will work without the memory card.It has to have that pick up since it uses its save function for new codes,and stuff like that.I just launched the .dol file,and then edited a new game added codes and launched it with a original game.If you mean using the Action Replay with streaming a game.I still think it is possible also.I have heard that there is a program out in French that uses a technique streaming from the Action Replay,meaning codes could work with streaming games.I never really got far with it,so can't really say for sure if it works.I think it is possible though if that is what you are trying to do.

5. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

I'm confused here L-Burna.
    You say you loaded up the DOL file (by streaming?)
    After it was asking for the MEMCARD, what did ya do?
    Did you write something to your MEMCARD from your pc?

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I didn't write anything to the memory card ,but can load the program by streaming the .dol file.The problem in this situation is that Nintendo made memory cards are not supported for Action Replay.I used my first memory card slot for the Nintendo memory card using streaming process,and then had the madcatz memory card in the second slot.The madcatz memory card can support Action Replay saves.I never got the insert memory card screen,since the madcatz memory card supports the Action Replay.The Action Replay uses the madcatz memory card as a dongle to boot the codes.I bought one of those starter kits that comes with a extra controller,memory card,and the extension cord.It wasn't very much,and came with the madcatz memory card,which is very helpfull for this.I think it is possible to make a patch where the Action Replay can support the Nintendo memory card,but I am not really sure how to do it.I think it is something hidden inside of the Action Replay that prevents Nintendo memory cards from accessing the Action Replay.

7. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

ok thanx for the info.
    gonna try it out soon.
    btw. I didn't mean using the codes on games I'm gonna stream.
    I was saying streaming the AR iso, activating the codes and poping in my game disc.

Take this example:
    - Stream the ISO (AR)
    - Choose the codes
    - Pop-in my Soul Calibur 2 disc

Wil this work?

8. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

Any third party memory card will work but official nintedo ones will not.

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah it should work SuperTed,I have used codes with Metroid Prime,and a couple other games.They are original games.I get what you mean now man,it should work doing what you said.Stream the AR .iso or .dol file,then input your codes and start your game with the original game.I still think it uses the third party memory cards also,like ProStyl3 has mentioned.

10. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

thanx for all your help peepz!
    I just tested it with a GT-Line Memcard and it worked!!

I browsed through the codes and I saw "Sonic Mega Collection" so I activated the codes that opened all the games and poped in my Sonic disc!
    And guess what....I just played Ristar!!!

I remember playing that on the Genesis!! It rocks!!

So thanx again!
    Gonna grab myself a non Nintendo memcard (this card wasn't mine)