1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accessing F: Drive for first time

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by double-r, Jan 25, 2005.

1. double-r

double-r Member

I just finished moding my xbox today. Running evox and a new 200 gb hd. Where I am getting stuck is accessing the F Drive. the evox.ini settings on the xbox show "USE F DRIVE = YES". The instructions I have been following to switch out the hd (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/xbox_installing_new_hdd.cfm) says, "Just delete the Apps and Games folder in the E Folder on the Xbox (leave the other folders alone). Then copy the backup Apps and Games folder into the F: Folder on the xbox."

But how do you do this???? Is there a way to do this in evox, or do you have to do this in FTP??? I have tried both, and to no success. In FTP, when I access the E: drive on the xbox, there IS NOT an apps or games folder (nor is there anywhere while in FTP) to delete and/or move to the F: drive. I have tried creating apps and games folders in the F: drive, but when i did, i noticed no change while in evox. Has anyone experienced this and know how to correct this so I can move 'dvd2xbox' into apps and start saving games to my hd??????? thanks for the help.

2. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

If you are using FlashFXP you might have to go to the options and check the box that says "show hidden files". I was having the same problem, till I did that.

3. double-r

double-r Member

i just checked, and show hidden files IS checked. Also, i did a search in Flash for anything called "apps" or "games"... and no folders came up anywhere. Have I installed the .ini wrong?

4. double-r

double-r Member

anyone? please?

5. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Okay there are two places to "check mark" to show hidden files. One is in the options tab on main screen. The other--click on "Sites" tab on main screen. Then site manager from drop down menu. Then click on your xbox connection (if you have saved it to your default site list).
    (xbox should be under default sites). from there click on options and check mark the show hidden list.
    If you have no idea what I'm talking about go here and look at the pics under site manager.
    http://www.flashfxp.com/screenshots.php#site
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  6. double-r

double-r Member

ok... did what you suggested. it didn't seem to make any change as far as I can tell though. Any more thoughts?