1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accessories and importing

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Erdrick, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Erdrick

Erdrick Regular member

Can anyone tell me if the controllers from different regions will work on all of the systems? I am importing my Wii from the US, but plan on getting my controllers over here in Japan. I am also going to get the component video cable here too. I doubt that this will be a problem. Can anyone verify whether controllers can be from different regions than the system?

2. DedShadow

DedShadow Regular member

The controllers should work. I dont really see a problem with that, but you may have to import the games from US too if you are getting a US system, reigons and etc will block the games from running.

3. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

yes the wii is region locked

4. Erdrick

Erdrick Regular member

I think that region locked only pertains to the software though. I don't see how accessories could be region locked. It just doesn't make any sense. You have always been able to play with controllers for past systems -- well, at least on the PS2.

Anyone have experience with import controllers mixed with foreign systems and vice versa?

5. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

they work fine my jap wiimote works with my pal wii.

6. Erdrick

Erdrick Regular member

Thanks a lot Cloudkill. I appreciate the feedback. I can now purchase my wiiremote in Japan without any fears.

I can't believe I will be playing my Wii in under 2 weeks from today. I better go get my extra controller and component video cable asap!