1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally formatted 360 intern drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by ChaosHellbound, Feb 23, 2013.

1. ChaosHellbound

ChaosHellbound Member

Hey guys, I got a bigger xbox 360 HDD and I was trying to transfer my data from my old HDd to the new one using a HDD to USB cable and I accidentally formatted my new drive and now it won't work when plugged into my 360 what can I do to make it work internally again? Many thanks.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

HDDHackr maybe, just google for it.

3. xbkrypt0n

xbkrypt0n Active member

HDDHackr can repartition the drive. After that, it needs to be formatted in a Xbox 360. You need to take the hdd out of it's enclosure and connect it directly by SATA. After running hddhackr, getting a list of drives and selecting the Xbox 360 HDD, select option C (Create partition 0/2/3).

Please note that this method does not create the Xbox 1 compatibility partion. HDDhackr reserves the space required by partition 2, but it does not contain any partition 2 data. Xbox 360 does not touch partition 2 when formatting, so if it was empty, it remains empty even after formatting the hdd. In order to play Xbox 1 games, you need to use something like xplorer360 or some other tool to inject partition 2 on your HDD (if you don't, you'll get an error because the partition is missing). No idea where you can find that partition, but I'm guessing Google will find it for you :)

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

xplorer360 will more than likely bork if so grab these
    party buffalo
    le fluffie
    modio