1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally reformatted Hard Disk Drive

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by cobby555, Mar 22, 2007.

1. cobby555

cobby555 Guest

I have tried 5 different Data recovery software programs,and they all said there was no data to recover,except R-Studio which found everything I had on this drive,great but it is saved in a file format which I do not no how to open or use which is a SCN FILE,I used Filelinfo.net and they suggested I use a program called Winimage, but I cannot work out how to use it to open this file,would love some help please.

2. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

Just out of curiosity (I have to ask), how to do "accidently" reformat a Hard Drive?

3. cobby555

cobby555 Guest

Hi I've got 2 hard drives C and D,and was not paying proper attention to what I was doing,and did not notice that Iwas reformatting the wrong drive.

4. Molder

Molder Regular member

Did you format C or D?

I ask because I didn't think Windows would let you format the drive it was installed on, unless it was not in use.

What data do you wish to recover, photos and docs?

M

5. cobby555

cobby555 Guest

Hello Yes it is possible to format c drive,Its quite handy if you want to take your computer back to factory condition and start again with a blank sheet,but it is very important to back up important files,I am trying to retrive photoes and accounts.

6. Molder

Molder Regular member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  7. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Use the almighty system restore.

8. cobby555

cobby555 Guest

The Almighty system restore has got nothing to restore when you reformatt your HD, thats why we need to use Data Recovery software unfortunetly.

9. parman

parman Member

Recover My Files worked a treat for me